Papercups, Counting and Number Recognition Activity
This is the most simple and easiest number recognition and counting activity for kids!!It doesn’t require any fancy material except paper cups!
It is just a 5 min. activity but beneficial for recognizing objects of different sizes and shapes.
Material Required :
- Paper Cups
- Marker Pen
- White Board or White Sheet
How To Perform The Activity :
- Wrote 1-10 numbers on white sheet / white board
- Write numbers at the bottom of paper glass
- Matching and placing the right number paper cup on the white sheet.
- Reciting number rhymes while playing the game.( E.g. There were ten in the bed, 1,2,3,4,5 once I caught a fish alive, 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, etc.)
- After the game is over open a counting numbers book (can be done anytime after the activity is finished).
What We Tried To Achieve (Learning Opportunities)
- Recognizing numbers visually.
- Develop Problem solving skills(searching out for the correct shape),
- Sharpens memory
- learning basics of mathematical thinking
We can try to practice the number counting while performing day to day activities like counting steps while using staircase, counting fingers game, counting balls activity, counting fruits, dry fruits or any other food items while eating etc.
Practice is the only key to master any skill 🙂
So, start practising it right away!!